Gibsonia was one of the historic Foy and Gibson buildings that occupied Oxford and Cambridge Streets in the 1930’s. Two new floors were added to the existing building to produce 11 two-storey townhouses with exceptional views of the city and Dandenong Ranges.
A feature preserved by architects were the original steel trusses that spanned the ceilings of many of the apartments. In total there were 33 two-bedroom apartments.
This development was extremely well-received by the public as a result of the individual styling set within a heritage listed building in an optimum location.